Our Curriculum…fun, relevant and personalised
The Littletons School tries to give children the best possible education by providing a varied, exciting and stimulating curriculum across the key stages. We strive to make sure every child achieves their full potential and our curriculum is always personalised to the needs of each child so that everyone can access it. This section, and the links below, provides information regarding the areas of the curriculum your child will be studying over the next academic year. Should you require any further information about our curriculum do not hesitate to get in touch with your child's class teacher or enquire at the school office. We are currently reviwing the curriculum and updates will occur during this academic year (2019-20).
As a First School we admit children from the ages 4-10 years old. We cover three stages, Foundation Stage (Early Years Curriculum), Key Stage 1 National Curriculum (KS1) and Key Stage 2 (KS2) National Curriculum, however the final year of KS2 (year 6), takes place at Middle School. Classes are organised in mixed aged classes and single year groups, they vary in group size. Our classes are Dolphins (Year 5), Otters (Year 4), Seals (Year 2 and 3), Turtles (Year 1 and 2), and Penguins (Year R).
Our curriculum is based on statutory guidance with five core subjects: English, Maths, Science, Computing, and as a Church School, RE. Other foundation subjects are History, Geography, Music, Art, Design and Technology, French (Modern Foreign Language), Physical Education and PSHCE (Citizenship). All children participate in Forest School, taking the curriculum out in to our own forest area. From Year 2 onwards swimming lessons take place for all classes in 10 week blocks. One of our favourite activities is Play2learn where every child, during their time with us, has the chance to learn a musical instrument – this year, the Turtles are learning the Recorder and the Seals are learning the Cornet. The curriculum is supplemented with extra curricular clubs and we like to go on visits and have visitors in, to enhance our learning.
We are currently updating our curriculum documents.
The National Curriculum can be found here.
Curriculum Design Documents
- Statutory Framework for Early Years
- Progression in Writing Genres 2019
- 191209 Whole School Maths Long Term Plan 2019-20
- 191209 Methodology for Curriculum at The Littletons CE First School 2019
- 191309 Teaching British Values
- 191309 RE Teaching and Learning Plan 2019-20
- 191309 Whole School French Long Term Plan
- English Curriculum Design (2).docx
- Science Curriculum Design.docx
- 192502 Maths Curriculum Design
- PE Curriculum Design
- 190110 Phonics and Reading Statement 2019
- 191211 Extra Curricular Offers Autumn 2019
- Computing Curriculum Design 2019 (1).docx
- Art and Design Curriculum Design (1)
- PSHE incl RSE Long Term Plan (1)
- Design and Technology Curriculum Design.docx
- PE Skills Progression FINAL
- KS2 long term plan 2019 2020
- 191191 TLFS Curriculum Overview Sep 2019
- 191812 Computing Skills Progression v2
- 191812 Early Years Curriculum Design v2
- 201409 TLFS Remote Learning Policy
- FAQs Remote Learning