Our Curriculum…fun, relevant and personalised
The Littletons School tries to give children the best possible education by providing a varied, exciting and stimulating curriculum across the key stages. We strive to make sure every child achieves their full potential and our curriculum is always personalised to the needs of each child so that everyone can access it. This section, and the links below, provides information regarding the areas of the curriculum your child will be studying over the next academic year. Should you require any further information about our curriculum do not hesitate to get in touch with your child's class teacher or enquire at the school office. We are currently reviwing the curriculum and updates will occur during this academic year (2019-20).
As a First School we admit children from the ages 4-10 years old. We cover three stages, Foundation Stage (Early Years Curriculum), Key Stage 1 National Curriculum (KS1) and Key Stage 2 (KS2) National Curriculum, however the final year of KS2 (year 6), takes place at Middle School. Classes are organised in mixed aged classes and single year groups, they vary in group size. Our classes are Dolphins (Year 5), Otters (Year 4), Seals (Year 2 and 3), Turtles (Year 1 and 2), and Penguins (Year R).
Our curriculum is based on statutory guidance with five core subjects: English, Maths, Science, Computing, and as a Church School, RE. Other foundation subjects are History, Geography, Music, Art, Design and Technology, French (Modern Foreign Language), Physical Education and PSHCE (Citizenship). All children participate in Forest School, taking the curriculum out in to our own forest area. From Year 2 onwards swimming lessons take place for all classes in 10 week blocks. One of our favourite activities is Play2learn where every child, during their time with us, has the chance to learn a musical instrument – this year, the Turtles are learning the Recorder and the Seals are learning the Cornet. The curriculum is supplemented with extra curricular clubs and we like to go on visits and have visitors in, to enhance our learning.
The Littletons CE First School is committed to ensuring equality of education, and opportunity for all students, staff, parents, guardians or carers, irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, religion or socio-economic background.
We are proud of the diversity within our school community and have due regard to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- advance equality of opportunity
- foster good relations and positive attitudes between all characteristics and different groups in all of its activities
This perspective is embedded and expected in all our policies and practices to ensure discrimination and inequality are tackled appropriately.
The National Curriculum can be found here.
Curriculum Design Documents
- English Curriculum Design (2).docx
- Science Curriculum Design.docx
- PE Curriculum Design
- Art and Design Curriculum Design (1)
- Design and Technology Curriculum Design.docx
- PE Skills Progression FINAL
- 201409 TLFS Remote Learning Policy
- FAQs Remote Learning
- 201209 Teaching British Values
- 201209 Maths Curriculum Design (1)
- 201209 Computing Curriculum Design 2020-21
- 201209 Early Years Curriculum Design v2
- PSHE RSE Long Term Plan 2020
- 201209 Final KS2 Long Term Plan 2020 2021 (1)
- Progression in Writing Genres 2021
- 210922 Methodology for Curriculum at The Littletons CE First School 2021
- 212209 French Long Term Plan 2021-22
- 212209 Phonics and Reading Statement 2021
- Bridging the Reading Gap KS1-KS2
- Computing scheme of work 2021
- CW whole school plan Autumn 1 2021 (2)
- 212209 TLFS Curriculum Overview Sept 2021
- 212209 E-safety Progression Document 2021
- 212209 Maths Long Term Plan 2021-22
- 212209 PE Long Term Plan 2018-22
- RE Long term plan 2021