Our Curriculum…fun, relevant and personalised
The Littletons School tries to give children the best possible education by providing a varied, exciting and stimulating curriculum across the key stages. We strive to make sure every child achieves their full potential and our curriculum is always personalised to the needs of each child so that everyone can access it. This section, and the links below, provides information regarding the areas of the curriculum your child will be studying over the next academic year. Should you require any further information about our curriculum do not hesitate to get in touch with your child's class teacher or enquire at the school office.
As a First School we admit children from the ages 4-10 years old. We cover three stages of The National Curriculum, Foundation Stage (Early Years Curriculum), Key Stage 1 (KS1) and Key Stage 2 (KS2), however the final year of KS2 (year 6), takes place at Middle School. Classes are organised in mixed aged classes in KS1 and single year groups in KS2, they vary in group size. Our classes are Pythons (Year 5), Lions (Year 4), Flamingoes (Year 3), Crocodiles (Year 1 and 2), and Elephants (Year R and 1).
Our curriculum is based on statutory guidance with five core subjects: English, Maths, Science, Computing, and as a Church School, RE. Other foundation subjects are History, Geography, Music, Art, Design and Technology, French (Modern Foreign Language), Physical Education and PSHCE (Citizenship). All children participate in Forest School, taking the curriculum out in to our own forest area. From Year 2 onwards swimming lessons take place for all classes in 10 week blocks. One of our favourite activities is Play2learn where every child, during their time in KS2, has the chance to learn a musical instrument – this year, The Flamingoes are learning the cornet. School is also taking part in the Achievement for All 3As programme, an initiative to ensure all children make the best possible progress. The curriculum is supplemented with extra curricular clubs (see our clubs page) and we like to go on visits and have visitors in, to enhance our learning.
The National Curriculum can be found here.
- Statutory Framework for Early Years
- 180609 Year1 and Year 2 MT Maths Plan
- 180611 French KS2 Autumn Plan
- 180611 Battle of Britain Planning KS2 Autumn 2
- Progression in Writing Genres 2019
- 191209 KS2 Foundation Subject Long Term Plan 2019 2020
- 191209 Whole School Maths Long Term Plan 2019-20
- 191309 Long Term Plan Year 1 and 2 2019-20
- 191309 Dolphins Homework Sheet Science Autumn 1
- 191309 Phonics and Reading Statement 2019
- 191209 Methodology for Curriculum at The Littletons CE First School 2019
- 191309 Teaching British Values
- 191309 RE Teaching and Learning Plan 2019-20
- 191309 Seals 2 week time table 2019 and 2020
- 191309 Seals Homework Autumn Term Science
- 191309 Early Years Curriculum 2019
- 191309 Whole School French Long Term Plan
- 191309 Penguins Forest School Planning Autumn 1
- 191309 Forest School Planning Year 1